The Hapa model, like the Beamer, is a double-soundhole, expanded-soundboard guitar. It features an extended cutaway design, allowing access to the high frets. The area of the two soundholes is similar to that of a conventional round hole guitar, but this design splits the hole and moves it into the upper bout so that a larger, uninterupted area of the soundboard can vibrate. This makes it possible for the bass response of a larger guitar to be acheived in a smaller one. The proximity of the bass side hole makes the sound of the guitar much fuller and louder to the player.
- Scale length: 25, 25 1/2
- Body Width (Lower Bout): 15 1/8("OM" size), 16 "
- Body Length: 19 3/4, 20 1/4
- Overall Length: 40 1/2, 41, 41 1/2
- Side Depth @ End Block: 4 1/8", 4 3/8
- Neck Width: 1 3/4 at nut or custom
- Soundboard: Engelmann, Sitka spruce
- Back and Sides: Koa, Mahogany, Indian Rosewood, Maple, Walnut
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bindings and Purflings: Black or Ivoroid plastic, or optional wood
- Tuning Machines: Schaller
- Pickup/Preamp: Optional